Thursday, November 15, 2007

Pure Awesomeness!

Kids, let me tell you about "How I Met Your Mother". This is seriously the BEST. SITCOM. EVER. And I never say that lightly. It surpasses all the other so-called sitcoms. Seinfeld. Friends. Everybody Loves Raymond. Frasier. None of them hold a candle to this show. This show is what every other sitcom should aspire to. Never have I ever laughed throughout the duration of a sitcom's whole episode, but I have consistently done it for "How I Met Your Mother". With choice lines like, "It's gonna be Legen... wait for it. And I hope you're not lactose-intolerant, cuz the second half of that words is... dary!" and "When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead! True story!"

For the uninitiated, the show is about a guy named Ted Mosby (played by Josh Radnor), who, in the year 2030, is telling his two kids, a guy and a girl, the story of how he met their mother. He first tells them about how he met a girl named Robin and instantly fell in love with her. He spends the whole first season courting her. He's helped by his friend Marshall, and his fiancee, Lily (Alyson Hannigan of Buffy fame), who have been together since college, and are planning their wedding. And finally, his "best friend", Barney (played by Doogie Howser, Neil Patrick Harris), who teaches him the art of picking up women, and living the bachelor life. The show has tons of twists to it that you're not quite sure what's gonna happen in the end. But one thing we do know is that Ted does eventually get married and have kids. If you're still on the fence about this show, I suggest you give it a try. You're welcome. :)

1 comment:

JD said...

Great breakdown. Check out my blog if you're into the show. It's got a great community of people discussing the episodes.

http://www.have-you-met-ted.com/